Make sure your Holiday is safe from fire damage!
It's almost Labor Day Weekend!
If you plan to grill this weekend, keep reading for tips and tricks to keep everyone safe!
- Keep it clean! Fat and oil build up on the grill and the tray underneath are one of the main causes of grill fires. Cleaning up access oil and fat with a wire brush is the best way to get it off. It’s easiest to do this while the grill is still hot. It is recommended to deep clean your grill 2-3 times a year.
- For gas grills: Make SURE you check for propane leaks! Examine the gas tank thoroughly. Sometimes the holes are tiny, so keep a close eye on the tank while you examine it.
- Don’t leave the grill unattended. While this may sound obvious, many people don’t take it seriously. Remember, fire is unpredictable!
Side Note: Grills stay hot up to an hour after use, so keep that in mind when you’re finished grilling for the day.
- Proper clothing. If your clothing has long sleeves or hanging tassels/ strings, consider changing into a tee shirt or ask someone else to grill. Clothing that has lose ends and hanging strings can easily catch fire.
- Stick to the outdoors. Make sure your grill is stationed outside, and at least 10 feet away from the house! Sadly, 29% of grill fires start from the balcony or porch of a house. We don’t want that to be you, so the farther away, the better!
These 5 tips will ensure you, your family, and friends have a fun AND safe holiday weekend!
ABOUT SERVPRO BIG RAPIDS/FREMONT
SERVPRO of Big Rapids/Fremont is the premier disaster restoration company in Big Rapids. When disaster strikes, we are here and ready to answer your call. We provide emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all your restoration and cleaning needs. We understand that when faced with unexpected damage that it can be overwhelming and we are here to help. Our crew members are IICRC certified and highly trained and dedicated to respond faster to any size disaster. No matter the size of the job, we will leave your home or business “Like it never even happened.”
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment