SERVPRO goes to SCHOOL!
SERVPRO of Big Rapids/Fremont is here for all your commercial emergency needs!
SERVPRO of Big Rapids/ Fremont, Michigan, can remediate many different types of damage your commercial building may face, including vandalism. For example, this local elementary school was vandalized after perpetrators broke in and discharged fire extinguishers indoors. The white residue from the extinguishers covered the floors, books, desks, and teaching materials, leaving the school in a disastrous state. Due to the significant amount of damage, the school had to shut down for a few days, which allowed our crews to start cleaning and restoring the school to its pre-damaged condition! We took each individual library book back to our shop to get thoroughly and meticulously cleaned, while other members of our team started working on the floors and structure of the school. We are grateful for the opportunity we had to serve our local community by restoring the damage done to this school. While we hope it never happens to your commercial business, we are prepared to help if it does. Our phones are on 24/7, and we have emergency crews on stand by! You can count on SERVPRO of Big Rapids/ Fremont to be there when you need us most.
SERVPRO of Big Rapids / Fremont is ready for all your commercial needs!
SERVPRO has been in the game since 1967, making us a trusted national leader in professional restoration services!
SERVPRO has been around since 1967 when it started out as a painting business. Fast forward 2 years later, SERVPRO founders Ted and Doris Issacson started franchising SERVPRO as a professional cleaning and restoration company! Since then, SERVPRO has continued its growth, and there are now 1,900 + franchises! Needless to say, we’ve been in the game a long time. SERVPRO of Big Rapids/ Fremont is one of the trusted national leaders in fire, water, and mold remediation, as well as specialty cleanup and restoration services! ( Biohazards, Covid-19 Disinfecting, Vandalism cleanup, and odor removal! ) You can trust our professional team to take care of your commercial businesses, no matter how big or small! We have emergency crews on standby 24/7 ready to respond to your emergency commercial damage needs. Whether your commercial property has faced water, fire, mold, or any other type of specialty damage, you can count on the experts at SERVPRO of Big Rapids/Fremont! Give us a call today! (231) 796-2342
Prepare your home for Spring Storms!
If a storm causes water damage or flood damage to your Big Rapids Home or Business, SERVPRO of Big Rapids/Fremont is here to help! Available 24/7!
Spring has sprung in Michigan, which means we get to celebrate the fact that we won’t have to deal with snow for a long, long time! (Hopefully--you just never know in Michigan!) However, we will have to deal with thunderstorms and the possible water damage they may cause in our Big Rapids Michigan homes or commercial properties. Here are a few ways you can prevent water damage or flood damage in your home or business this spring!
- Regularly Check on your sump pump to ensure it can remove water at a sufficient pace during heavy rainfall.
- Make sure you have digital copies of all your important documents in case they get wet or destroyed.
- Inspect your basement windows by making sure they are properly sealed and caulked. This greatly reduces the chances of rainwater entering your home! If your basement windows have seen better days, consider getting them replaced. Newer windows generally have stronger and longer lasting seals.
- If your Big Rapids Michigan home or business is in an area where flood risks are high, consider purchasing sandbags! If water is approaching your home or business, sandbags can prevent water from coming in low basement windows or doorways.
If you still end up with water damage or flood damage this spring, don’t panic! SERVPRO of Big Rapids/Fremont is here to help! We are available 24/7 to meet your emergency water damage or flood damage restoration needs!
6 insane (but true!) Facts about FIRE!
There are a lot of crazy facts about fire and how it works. Keep reading to learn something new!!!
6 insane (but true!) Facts about FIRE!
- Did you know that fire makes water? If you hold a cold spoon over a flame, water vapor will condense on the metal. Give it a try for yourself!
- Earth is the only planet that has enough oxygen to allow fire.
- America’s deadliest fire occurred on a steamship on April 27, 1865. The steamship, called “The Sultana”, was 6 times over the capacity limits when the boilers on the ship exploded. This explosion started a massive fire that left 1,547 people dead.
- Have you ever noticed how fire isn’t always orange, or that it sometimes changes color? The color of the flames is related to how much oxygen is in the fire. For example, a fire with low oxygen flames gives off a yellow hue, while fires with high oxygen levels show off a blue flame.
- Did you know that a house fire will double in size every two minutes? This is another reason why it is VITAL to have an evacuation plan that everyone in the family is familiar with.
- The Great Fire of London took place in 1666, and wrecked 80% of the beautiful city, and took about 200,000 human lives. Interestingly enough, this massive fire actually helped to end the bubonic plague by killing most of the rats that were carrying the disease.
Facts and information courtesy of:
Unplugging your hair styling tools
Turning off your beauty tools is just the first step! Make sure you unplug them too!
If you live in a household where family members use hair tools, you’ve probably experienced the anxiety of wondering if they turned off and unplugged the curling iron, blow dryer, or straightener before leaving the house. Unfortunately, electric beauty tools such as these are a recurring cause of house fires and painful skin burns. Keep reading to view our safety tips to keep your home and family protected against house fires and burn injuries!
- Turn off and unplug your devices. This tip is pretty self explanatory, but it’s necessary to keep your home, yourself, and your family safe! If you frequently forget to turn off and unplug your devices, consider setting an alarm or writing a reminder on a sticky note! If you only turn off your hair tools, but don’t actually unplug them, consider this quote from https://www.hsiprofessional.com : “Unplug your flat iron (or other electric hair tool) after using it. Even though your flat iron may be turned off, any plugged in appliance is still electrically live. Unplug your flat iron to avoid any chance of an unexpected electrical problem.
- Keep your electric beauty / hair tools away from anything wet such as sinks and tubs with water in them.
- Use a mat or heat resistant stand. While you’re doing your hair, you are going to want to put your blow dryer or curling iron or straightener down at some point. Always place your device on a heat resistant mat, a clean, non-flammable countertop, or on a heat resistant stand. The goal is to avoid placing electronic beauty tools on carpet, towels or other materials that could melt or catch fire.
- Make sure that all of your hair products such as hairspray or dry shampoo are a safe distance from your plugged in / hot beauty tools. Beauty products can be flammable!
- Don't wrap the cord around your hair tools when you’re finished! Tightly wrapping the cord around your still warm styling tool could cause shorts or burn the electrical cord and expose the wires. A short in the cord could also cause your iron to turn off unexpectedly the next time you use it, or to not turn back on at all. A better bet is to lay the cord back and forth loosely on top of itself and then put it away for storage.
SERVPRO of Big Rapids/ Fremont specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after Fire damage. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
If you need help cleaning up after Fire damage, call the Professionals at SERVPRO of Big Rapids/Fremont! (231)796-2342
Michigan Restaurants are Open for Indoor Dining!
Indoor dining is now allowed in Michigan restaurants! Get out there and support local restaurants!
Happy February, Friends! This is an exciting month to be a Michigan resident! For all of you who are sick of eating take out at home and/or cooking, it’s time to celebrate, because Michigan restaurants are now open for indoor dining! But before you head out to your favorite restaurant, keep in mind that there are regulations put in place by Governor Gretchen Whitmer to reduce the spread of Covid-19 as much as possible. According to Michigan.gov, indoor dining in groups of up to 6 people is allowed, and the indoor capacity cannot exceed 25%. There is also a 10:00 PM curfew set in place, and of course, masks and social distancing are required. As long as you follow these guidelines, you are good to go! Grab your mask, hand sanitizer, and wallet, and get out there and support local Michigan restaurants! Happy indoor dining, everybody! Cheers to no dishes tonight!
SERVPRO can often save your hardwood floors!
Hardwood is a porous building material, and can retain a significant amount of water, which in turn causes the floors to warp, swell, or break down
A common worry our customers have when dealing with water damage is saving their hardwood floors. Thankfully, SERVPRO can often save hardwood floors! Hardwood is a porous building material, and can retain a significant amount of water, which in turn causes the floors to warp, swell, or break down. After SERVPRO removes the water, they will begin the drying process to save your floors! The first step is to manipulate the temperature and relative humidity to remove the remaining moisture. Our professional crews use specialized equipment, including industrial air movers and dehumidifiers, to remove water retained by the wood, and other hard-to-access moisture. They’ll carefully monitor the progress using moisture meters until the wood returns to acceptable drying goals! If you are concerned about water damage on your hardwood floors, make sure to call us right away! The longer you wait to get your floors dried, the more damage there will be. SERVPRO of Big Rapids/ Fremont is available 24/7 to meet all your emergency needs---all you need to do is call! (231)-796-2342
The 5 types of Fires
Fires are categorized into 5 classes. Keep reading to learn more!
Did you know there are FIVE different types of fires?! Fires are categorized into 5 different classes, and each class has different elements that make it unique.
Class A: Class A fires are defined as ordinary combustibles. To put it in simpler terms, these types of fires use commonly flammable material as their fuel source. Wood, fabric, paper, trash ,and plastics are common sources of Class A fires. This is essentially the common accidental fire encountered across several different industries. Trash fires are one such example. Class A fires are commonly put out with water or monoammonium phosphate. (https://www.strikefirstusa.com/news-articles/five-classes-of-fires-fire-extinguishers-stop-them/)
Class B: Class B fires are fueled by flammable liquids, such as gasoline, petroleum greases, tars, oils, oil-based paints, solvents, and alcohols. These fires also include flammable gases such as propane and butane. Class B fires do not include fires involving cooking oils and grease. (https://www.femalifesafety.org/types-of-fires.html)
Class C: A Class C fire is one in which an energized electrical element is the cause of the fire. “Energized” means that the electrical component is connected to a power source. Class C fires may be started from faulty wiring, a short circuit, damage to power cords, overloaded electrical outlets, or overheated/overcharged devices. (https://blog.koorsen.com/what-is-a-class-c-fire-extinguisher-used-for
Class D: Class D fires are characterised by the presence of burning metals. However, not all metals are flammable. Sodium, potassium, uranium, lithium, plutonium, calcium, magnesium, and titanium are all examples of combustible metals. According to www.elitefire.co.uk, the most common type of class d fires involve magnesium and titanium. (https://www.elitefire.co.uk/help-advice/detect-and-extinguish-class-d-fires/)
Class K: Last but not least, we have Class K fires. According to the following quote from https://www.strikefirstusa.com; “A Class K fire is defined as a cooking fire involving combustion from liquids used in food preparation. Technically a type of liquid fire, Class K fires are distinct enough to warrant their own classification. Cooking fires are fueled by a wide range of liquid cooking materials. Greases, cooking oils, vegetable fat, and animal fat are all fuel sources found in Class K fires.” https://www.strikefirstusa.com/news-articles/five-classes-of-fires-fire-extinguishers-stop-them/
No matter what type of fire you experience, SERVPRO of Big Rapids/Fremont is here to help! Our professional crews have been expertly trained to restore the damage done to your home or business. Call us today to set up a free quote! (231)-796-2342
Thanks for creating a training demonstration for us, Joey!
No matter how much experience you have, there is always something new to learn! Here at SERVPRO of Big Rapids/Fremont, we like to give our employees the opportunity to hold a training demonstration for the rest of the staff. The training demonstration could be on anything from cleaning the trucks, to how to use a specific tool! Everybody has something to bring to the table, and we love getting the chance to learn from our peers. In this photo, our asset manager, Joey, is giving us a demonstration on how to clean out hoses from the water trucks. Joey has been with us for about 4 years now, and has learned A LOT about the restoration business. We appreciate Joey taking the time to put together a training demonstration for us!
SERVPROXIDE--Now available on Amazon!
SERVPROXIDE is a professional residential, commercial, & hospital disinfectant that kills and eliminates 99.999% of viruses and bacteria!
Did you hear the good news?! SERVPRO’s very own SERVPROXIDE is now available on Amazon! SERVPROXIDE is a professional residential, commercial, & hospital disinfectant that kills and eliminates 99.999% of viruses and bacteria! Keep reading to learn more about this professional cleaning agent!
- KILLS AND ELIMINATES 99.999% OF VIRUSES AND BACTERIA—Reduces the spread of germs and pathogens on all treated surfaces. EPA registered product.
- 100% BIODEGRADABLE SURFACTANT—Proprietary hospital-grade disinfectant that sanitizes hard and soft surfaces, and is environmentally responsible.
- SAFE FOR USE AROUND FOOD, CHILDREN AND PETS. Safe for use around equipment used for food preparation.
- DISINFECTS AS IT CLEANS—Sanitizes hard non-porous surfaces in 60 seconds, and provides 99.999% sanitization of food contact surfaces.
- SAFE TO USE EVERYDAY—For general purpose use. Does not require gloves.
Professional cleaning power at your fingertips. Now available on Amazon. https://amzn.to/39sbsjb