Preparing for Spring storms!
Like the old saying goes "April showers bring May Flowers", but April showers can also bring along serious disaster to home and business owners. With winter and the snow long behind us (hopefully!) and spring in full swing, thunder storms and potential floods are on their way in. Just because it's about to start raining, doesn't mean you shouldn't be prepared to prevent all the water damage you can! Here are some helpful tips to keep your house dry and your wallet stuffed all spring long!
1. Regularly check on your sump pump to ensure it can remove water at a sufficient pace during heavy rain fall.
2. Make sure you have digital copies of all your important documents in case they get wet or destroyed.
3. Inspect your basement windows by making sure they are properly sealed and caulked. This greatly reduces the chances of rainwater entering your home! If your basement windows have seen better days, consider getting them replaces. Newer windows generally have stronger and longer lasting seals.
4. If your West Michigan home or business is in an area where flood risks are high, consider purchasing sandbags! If water is approaching your home or business, sandbags can prevent water from coming in low basement windows or doorways.
5. If flood water does end up entering your home, act fast to put all valuable and electronics in a high place out of reach of the water.
If your house or business ends up with water damage from a Spring storm this year, don't delay, give us a call! (616) 647-4300!