Nobody plans on their home or business catching on fire, but accidents happen every day. Small fires can start at your home or business for a variety of reasons. Fires caused by space heaters, candles, cigarettes, or small grease fires can potentially be put out quickly using a fire extinguisher depending on its severity and size. However, it is important that you are equipped with the proper extinguisher and the knowledge of how to properly use it. The following are 3 different types of fire extinguishers:
Type A: able to put out burning paper, wood, or fabric
Type B: works best to put our fires caused by oil, butane, or gasoline
Type C: best for electrical fires
These types may be further categorized such as a “2-A” extinguisher vs a “4-A” extinguisher. You may find that it would be best to keep more than one type in your Big Rapids home or your Newaygo county commercial property in order to be prepared for any type of fire. If you find that a fire explodes in your home or business that is bigger than a small grease fire, call 911 immediately. Your safety and the safety of those around you is most important!!! While we hope this never happens to you, we are here to restore the fire damage in case it does. Our crews are experienced in dealing with all types of fire damage, and they pride themselves on treating each customer like family.