We all know that when a house or business goes up in flames, it's typically followed by LOTS of smoke, which is full of toxic chemicals. Consider the following quote from https://www.uphelp.org/ “A typical structure fire may generate literally tens of thousands of toxic chemicals and gasses as a variety of materials and products are burned.” YIKES! That’s a LOT of toxic chemicals. When most people think of a structure fire, their first few thoughts are usually getting everyone out safely and assessing the damage. While these are extremely important things to worry about, a lot of people forget to think about how breathing in the toxic chemicals in smoke can affect their overall health.
If you ever experience a fire in your home or business, make sure to call 911 ASAP! After the fire has been put out, find a place to stay with either friends, family, or a hotel. Even if your home or business isn’t completely destroyed, it’s still not safe to stay there until a professional restoration company cleans, disinfects, and sanitizes the structure. SERVPRO of Big Rapids / Fremont is here for you! Our professional crews are expertly trained on the proper procedures, equipment, and products needed to restore the smoke damage in your home or business. We care for all of our customers, and want you and your family to be safe from inhaling toxic smoke. We offer free estimates, and are conveniently opened 24/7 to meet your emergency needs. While we hope you never experience a fire loss, just know that you can count on us to restore the damage and make it "Like it never even happened."